Location: Sydney, Inner West
Role: Operations & Production Management
Every piece of jewellery from Howlet, is produced and cast out of Sydney, Australia. Our production studio is right here in the HQ, in the Inner West. This allows us to maintain the highest standard of production and finishing quality. We are extremely proud of this aspect of our company and this will always remain certain.
Our production processes are very exclusive to Howlet and therefore 'time in the trade' is not a necessity to be successful in this position. However, prior experience in operations would be preferable.
This particular role will be focused on the pre-production management, processing of orders and order fulfilment.
The absolute primary attribute for this position is organisational skills and orderliness. With this skillset, everything else will come easy. Without this, you will not be able to be successful in this role. Setting reminders, creating your to-do lists and being on top of urgent tasks is essential.
The role is very structured, so we are able to provide a comprehensive daily role guide;
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Order fulfilment - quality check, packing and shipping.
- Order and production management - setting up the daily orders for casting and for organising production volumes at each stage for the jewellers
- Pick up and collection from suppliers
- Tracking order priorities and urgent orders, coordinating with the jewellers to ensure these are produced by the allocated date
- Re-ordering of consumables
WHAT YOU'll NEED
- Able to work at least four days a week (starting in June)
- Drivers license and vehicle
- Computer literacy must be high; you'll be working within a PC & Mac framework with a few programs specific to the order fulfilment process
- Extremely conscientious and reliable
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Collaborative and team orientated